22 June 2012

-WIP- Nurgle Blight Drone pt2


Hi all!

Today I started to create the propellers for my blight drones.


First of all i cut small sections from a stick of plasticard, they will serve as a support for the blades, and i glued them on the center of the rings.




...after which I studied how to make the blades... *mumble*

First I measured the diameter of the rings, then with photoshop I drew six circles of that size and I have printed them....


on the opposite side of the sheet I filled all six circles with a pencil, to create a sort of rudimentary carbon paper, so I applied the paper to plasticard and I traced the circles.



this was the result :)




Without using too much precision (this is Nurgle, not Tzeentch ahahaha), I drew some crosses that will serve as cutting line.



once the blades have been cut, i bent them slightly, and i made a small hole (on the support too!)


after which I added a piece of metal wire it will serve as a pivot for the propeller.



I put the blades and I fixed with plastic glue.


At this point i inserted some metal wire into the copper tube and i made a small hole on the ring, and i've inserted the propellers on the main body...






Slowly my blight drones are taking shape!

PS: while i've waited for the glue to dry, i've also sculpted the other two drones :P



Thanks for reading.... i'll make pt3 soon !!!

GOOD NIGHT WORLD!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking a look at my fledgeling blog, I've added Valknut to my blog list :-)

    Having a look round and I'm really impressed, your conversions/scratch builds are amazing. I'm going to read through more when I get chance

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...